Math students, this is where I keep the resources I share with you. This page is mostly links organized by category, but it will also include some handouts I’ve made. Please let me know if you have a recommendation for something I should add to this page!

Calculators & Graphing

Desmos.com ~ Easy to use 2-in-1 calculator and graphing app, with lots of useful tools! You can also check out their scientific calculator or geometry tool. The website works well on mobile, or you can get the app (iOS, Google).

Wolfram Alpha ~ This calculator can solve simple and complex algebra and calculus problems, including calculating very large or very small numbers that many calculators can’t handle. Works well in a mobile browser, or get the app (there is a free version for iOS, Google, Windows, Kindle).

Graph Paper ~ So many options for generating your own printable graph paper (or bullet journal, or notebook paper, or knitting grid, or sheet music, or…)! Choose colors or B&W, then print or download as a PDF if you want to use it again later.

Matrix Reshish ~ Handles a number of matrix operations, including Gauss-Jordan elimination, matrix multiplication, determinant, and more. The interface is a little old school, but it works well!

Linear Optimization by Comnuan ~ Enter your constraints and objective function, and it does the grunt work for you! Warning, this site has a ton of ads.

Algebra, Geometry, and Pre-Calc

Paul’s Online Math Notes ~ One of my favorite resources. This college professor has complete notes for Algebra and basic notes for Trigonometry. He also offers a good Algebra & Trig review that is useful for students in Pre-Palc or Calculus. The website includes practice problems, and is organized by topic so it’s easy to find what you’re looking for!

CoolMath.com ~ It may have a silly name and a very 90s look, but it’s a great resource for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Pre-Calc. And if you need a break from homework, they also have a ton of math games! 😜

Active Prelude to Calculus ~ Beautifully designed, interactive, and best of all, free digital textbook for Pre-Calc. It features WeBWorK exercises embedded in the text, so that you can check your work as you go!

PhET Interactive Simulations ~ Having a hard time understanding fractions? Or need a review on multiplying binomials? Struggling with the unit circle and trig functions? PhET provides beautiful and intuitive interactive visuals to make sense of a variety of mathematical concepts, as well as physics, chemistry, and other sciences!

Statistics

Statistics How To ~ Great explanations, graphics, and videos for most of the statistical topics and methods you’ll run into in an introductory Statistics class. The website is cross-referenced with a ton of hyperlinks, so you can find out more about almost any concept very easily.

Calculating Standard Deviation (PDF) ~ A handout I made with information on a bunch of different ways to calculate standard deviation: by hand, in Excel, with a graphing calculator, or using Desmos or Wolfram Alpha.

PhET Interactive Simulations ~ Stuggling to make sense of how linear regression works? Or need some help understanding probability distributions? PhET provides beautiful and intuitive interactive visuals to make sense of a variety of mathematical concepts, as well as physics, chemistry, and other sciences!

Calculus

Paul’s Online Math Notes ~ One of my favorite resources, with complete notes for Calc I, Calc II, Calc III, and DiffEq. The website is almost as good as a textbook: it’s got good examples, it includes practice problems, and it’s organized by topic so it’s easy to find what you’re looking for!

Active Calculus (Calc I, II) and Active Calculus: Multivariable (Calc III) ~ Beautifully interactive, free digital textbooks! They feature WeBWorK practice problems embedded in the text, so that you can practice and check your work as you go.

PhET Interactive Simulations ~ Need some help understanding derivatives and integrals? PhET provides beautiful and intuitive interactive visuals to make sense of a variety of mathematical concepts, as well as physics, chemistry, and other sciences!

Discrete Math

Discrete Mathematics (Levin) ~ Free digital textbook that offers a broad survey of introductory topics in discrete math. Includes lots of sample and practice problems (and their answers!).

Other Math

NIST Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures ~ Did your professor mention a structure or method for solving a problem, and you have no idea what they were talking about? Look no further. You can browse this dictionary alphabetically or use the search capabilities.

Skip to toolbar