Your midterm project is to create a webpage using the HTML and CSS techniques we have learned so far. The project is due on Thursday, Feb. 18; you will have class time to work on it Feb. 11 and 16.
The webpage should be an informational one about a web development topic. Possible topics include, but are not limited to: internet security, servers & clients, digital color, history of the internet, web design, history of blogging or social media…take your pick!
Your webpage should consist of:
- an HTML document plus an external CSS stylesheet
- HTML elements:
paragraphs, hyperlinks (
a), and a list (
- images, all with
- at least 5 different statements
- develop a color palette and apply it
Your project will be evaluated on three things: code, research, and composition.
- Code: A successful project includes all required HTML and CSS elements. The code is functional and well-organized, and comments are used to annotate the stylesheet.
- Research: The information on the webpage is accurate, interesting, and in-depth. It’s clear that you spent some time learning about the topic. Sources are cited and linked, either directly in the content or in a bibliography at the bottom of the page.
- Composition: Writing is clear and understandable, and free of major typos or grammatical errors. Page content is well-organized and easy to follow. Overall appearance of the webpage is engaging and accessible.