Papers and webpages I’ve written for classes, thus far.

A Review of the Literature on Trauma, Learning, and Mathematics” (PDF; Nov. 2021) ~ The cognitive impacts of trauma, how trauma affects learning, intersections with math anxiety, and possible classroom and pedagogical solutions.

The Fourier Transform” (webpage; Nov. 2021) ~ For students of Complex Analysis, a look into some of the important applications of complex numbers.

The Culturally Responsive Classroom: A Literature Review” (PDF; June 2021) ~ Provides an overview of culturally responsive pedagogy, which seeks to make all students, and particularly those from racially or linguistically marginalized groups, feel comfortable and engaged in class.

Is the inclusive classroom model workable?” (webpage; June 2021) ~ Project for Social Cultural Theory of Education, presenting the opportunities and challenges of mainstreaming students with disabilities. (N.B.: I strongly believe in mainstreaming. For this project I was obligated to take a “neutral” position.)

Instructional Strategies for Teaching Computational Thinking to K-12 Students with Learning Differences” (PDF; May 2021) ~ Distilling computational thinking into cognitive tasks to consider how to support students with particular strengths and weaknesses.

My Philosophy of Education” (PDF; May 2021) ~ Exploring how my philosophy of education relates to existing philosophical frameworks.

Race, Housing Segregation, and Special Education: A DisCrit Reading of Richard Rothstein’s The Color of Law” (PDF; Dec. 2020) ~ Digging into the impacts of housing segregation on disabled students of color.